Transformations Hypnotherapy
and Hypnosis Center
 

About Hypnotherapy

What is Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy?

Countless people benefit now from hypnotherapy every day.  It's a fast, painless and extremely effective technique for altering behaviors, making lasting changes, and greatly enhancing the quality of your life. 

But how does it work?

Our minds work on two levels - the conscious and the subconscious.  We make decisions, think and act with our conscious mind.  The subconscious controls our habits.  In the hypnosis process, we communicate directly with the subconscious mind. This is why it is so quick and easy to change habits of a lifetime through the use of hypnosis.

Transformations-Hypnosis-THINK-about-Hypnosis_1In hypnosis, we use several different hypnotic techniques, like visualization, regression, and analytical hypnotherapy, to dismantle a person's negative limiting subconscious beliefs.  Suggestion Therapy, Progression, and Guided Imagery are then used to replace those limiting ideas with positive empowering ideas.

Hypnosis is simply a state of relaxation and focused concentration.  It's a state that is similar to daydreaming, or the state that you enter just before you fall asleep and just before you wake up every day.  As a hypnotherapist, I use various techniques to get you into this state of focused attention, and then we begin to communicate directly with the subconscious.

The subconscious mind can be thought of as a storage place of memories that include everything that ever happened to you.  It remembers every experience, every word you have ever spoken or heard, and every emotion you have ever had.  It has thousands of times more storage capacity than any computer.  Your subconscious mind prioritizes storage relative to the emotional intensity of an event.  Memories of fear and pain are high priority.  Love and joy are lower priority.  This method is engrained in humans as a survival mechanism.

The Subconscious Mind is also responsible for controlling the health and function of every organ and cell in your body.  All habits and automatic thought patterns are controlled by the subconscious mind.  It is estimated that about 90 percent of our mind functions occur in the subconscious. The remaining 10 percent occurs in our conscious mind.

Throughout the course of your life, your subconscious mind stores different beliefs that you accept about yourself and the world.  Some of them are positive empowering beliefs, and others are negative limiting beliefs.

The conscious mind draws on the information in the subconscious mind to make decisions and exercise free will.  When you consciously decide to make a change, you do so using your conscious mind - however - most people fail to make the desired changes this way - WHY?

The fact that the conscious mind is only about 10 percent of your entire mind, explains why it is so difficult to follow through with a decision to change.  Since hypnosis works directly on the subconscious level of your mind (the other 90 percent), it makes change so much easier and faster.

Transformations-Hypnosis-THINK-about-Hypnosis_2

When a person is hypnotized, the mind enters what we call a hyperfocused state.  Awareness of our surroundings dissolves, creating an environment in which the subconscious mind is highly suggestible.  Think about it as though you were reading a book or watching a movie.  How often has someone said something to you while doing one of these activities, but you were too focused to notice they said anything at all?  Hypnosis works in similar fashion.  We aren’t focused on what is going on around us.  Our daily worries are no longer in the forefront of our mind.  The conscience mind becomes temporarily disconnected and the subconscious mind, which controls our behavior takes over and is open to suggestion.

Thousands of people all over the world have received encouragement and relief from clinical hypnosis.  In addition to behavioral alterations, hypnotherapy has far-reaching medical benefits.  Hypnosis assists with pain control – from pain produced by a certain disease to pain experienced during childbirth.  Pain receptors carry information to the brain. It is in the brain that decisions concerning pain are made.  With hypnosis, alterations are made that affect the brain and the choices it makes. As a result, the pain that we feel can be lessened by training the mind how to control it. Hypnosis literally can be a pill-free pain control method.

           
Hypnosis is a solution focused therapy. 

The hypnotherapist and the patient share a common goal that is attainable by unlocking the potential of the subconscious mind.  The hypnotherapist has no control over you, but is there to serve as a guide and facilitator during the session.  A common misconception of hypnosis is that it often causes you to reveal secrets or say things that you wouldn’t otherwise disclose.  While hypnosis employs the subconscious mind, you remain in full control of your words and actions.  The result of such therapy is a long lasting transformation completed in a short period of time.

Some people are familiar with stage performance hypnosis, which is vastly different from clinical hypnosis. Stage hypnotists look for extroverted individuals that they believe will perform entertaining acts for a live audience under hypnosis.  Their primary purpose is to entertain and they have a specific type of individual that will meet their needs.  In clinical hypnosis, the needs of the client are the focus, rather than the audience or hypnotherapist conducting the session.  Moreover, clinical hypnosis is designed for people of all personalities, from all stages of life.  There is no performing involved – all you have to do is relax and listen.

At Transformations Hypnotherapy, Jeff Carver begins by creating a specific and distinct strategic plan that will convert your goals into reality.  Each program is highly individualized, based on each client's desires, needs, and abilities.

Our sessions are conducted in a comfortable, stress-free environment.  All that is required of you is to relax, breathe, and let it happen.  Hypnosis is not something that you have to work at – it happens naturally.  My expertise will help you reprogram your brain and erase habits that are holding you back from your ambitions.  You will begin to achieve your goals much quicker than you imagined you could – safely and naturally.